Tuesday 8 January 2013

'nerd, geek, keen'


okay, this is a bit of a weird post, but i really wanted to talk about this. I haven't posted in a while, because I've been actually been getting into my school work, and out of school clubs and things. For example, making sure i do all my homework on time, revising, reading, practising guitar/ violin, and i have been noticing a lot more people putting smart people down. I've been noticing the words 'nerd' and 'kean' in particular. And this isn't always for  extra work, even just doing my homework i seem to get called keen.

I would seriously like to point out, that there isn't anything wrong with being smart, or putting in extra effort. especially if you know what you want to do when your older, and it will help you with that! I do find it a little bit hurtful that these people, who basically cant be bothered to learn, insult these smart, talented people for working hard to develop their skills.

If your getting called stuff like this too, just think (and it really does please me to think this!) some day, they idiots who call you a nerd, might be working for you and be earning half as much money!(:
- and if you are one of the people calling them these things, seriously just think about what your doing, and try to figure out why you feel the need to feel bigger than them. I'm not suggesting that its your fault, there are loads of possible reasons, i don't know, but please; think about it?

I know this was a really weird post, and completely un-related to the posts i usually do, but i really wanted to put it out there that its good to be smart, and have cool skills, even if people tell you otherwise!(:

x

No comments:

Post a Comment